I will be going to Nairobi, Kenya for 8 weeks during the Summer of 2011. Please pray for myself, my team, and ministry going on there currently.. God bless <3

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

8 Weeks in Nairobi, Kenya

Hello friends!


I have decided to dedicate this blog to my summer internship in Nairobi, Kenya. I will walk through the process with each of you on what God is teaching me before, during, and after the trip. I will give updates on my support that I have raised and prayer requests. I will have a YouTube video ready soon that will give me the ability to share my heart and vision for my trip to Kenya. In order for me to be able to go to Kenya, I have to raise $5,672. As of 3/23/2011 I have raised $2,135 which is 38% of my total! God has been faithfully providing for the ministry that I will be a part of! 


Here's a breakdown of what it would take for me to be fully funded with different amounts of people.


If 50 people donated $70.73. 
If 100 people donated $35.36 
If 200 people donated $17.68 
If 400 people donated $8.84.


So, if 100 people were to commit to supporting my internship, and donated $35.36 each, I would have $5,672 and be done with support raising! I am in awe at how God has been providing for me with this ministry. I am trusting that He will continue providing every single dollar that I need.


You might be asking yourself, why is Brandi going to Kenya? Well, in Matthew 9:35-38 it says "Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.I am God's worker. He has called me to do missions work wherever I am. On Trine's campus I have had the ability to lead others into a deeper relationship with Christ and share my passion for ministry. For the past two summers, I have gone on summer long missions trips. During the summer of 2009 I went to Cedar Point, in Sandusky, Ohio to reach out to my coworkers. The summer of 2010 I was in Wildwood, New Jersey with 43 other college students from Campus Crusade for Christ. While in Wildwood, I was able to share God's love on the boardwalk, in the community, and at my work place. 


Summer of 2011 I will be working in the Mathare Valley of Nairobi, Kenya, a one square mile slum that houses 800,000 people. I cannot even fathom what life is like in this slum! 17 other college students and myself will be working alongside current Christian Missionary Fellowship International (www.cmfi.org) missionaries in Nairobi. The main focus of our ministry is to show God’s love through Community Health Evangelism (CHE). CHE is a holistic program that seeks to transform individual’s lives physically, emotionally, and spiritually.  The ministry there involves vocational training, microenterprise, healthcare, education, evangelism, and partnership with local churches to reach the people of Mathare Valley. My team and I will go into the slums each day making home visits, visiting schools and working with children, providing HIV/AIDS education, praying with and discipling families, and ultimately sharing the love of Christ to those who do not know Him. I believe that the ministry I am a part of in Nairobi will bring me one step closer to seeing where God has called me long-term.



Aside from raising support from individuals and churches, I am currently doing two different fundraisers to reach my goal; a t-shirt sale and wristband sale.


T-Shirt Fundraiser:
Above is the front of the t-shirt.
There is an outline of the Africa with a
heart over Kenya.
Above is the back of the 
t-shirt. My intent in selling these 
t-shirts is for people to pray more often, 
pray for Kenya as a nation, 
and to pray for me while I am there. 





Cost of t-shirt is $20.

You must pay before you will receive your t-shirt.
Shirts will be pre-ordered and need to be placed by 
April 15, 2011.
Sizes are Youth XSM to Adult 4X. Colors are Neon Green and Neon Pink.
If you would like to purchase a t-shirt, email me at kenyapray@live.com Please be sure to indicate what size and color you want. Also, please give me your cell phone number so that I will be able to contact you.


















Kenya Pray? Wristbands:
Above are the wristbands that I am selling to raise funds for Kenya. 100% of the proceeds from the bracelet sales go towards my internship! Cost of the bracelets are 1 for $3 or 2 for $5! If you would like to purchase one or more bracelets, email me at kenyapray@live.com for more details. 


Prayer Requests:
Pray for the hearts of the people in Nariobi I will be meeting everyday.
Pray that the children would find people to sponsor them so they can have an education, 2 meals a day, etc.
Pray for me to be able to raise all $5,672.
Pray for my team of 18 people who I will be ministering with this summer.
Pray for the current missionaries in Nairobi to get all of the things ready in preparation for us interns.
Pray for Kenya as a nation to come to know Jesus Christ.

Thanks for your prayers and your support as I embark on this journey of a lifetime! 

In Christ,
Brandi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment