I will be going to Nairobi, Kenya for 8 weeks during the Summer of 2011. Please pray for myself, my team, and ministry going on there currently.. God bless <3

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

In Spirit

I was reading Francis Chan's book "Forgotten God" tonight and it spoke to me in huge ways.

I picked up the book and read a chapter about God's Will. Francis wrote about how we as Christians are constantly praying for God to show us what His Will for us to do in the next year or so is. Francis challenged his readers to not be worried about the future, but to seek God for today. For us to seek what the Holy Spirit is leading us to do every day. For us to yield to the Holy Spirit whenever we feel led to strike up conversation with someone. For us to yield to His call for each day and to not worry about the future and what it holds.

A constant prayer of mine for the last several years is that God would show me His Will for my future. For Him to lead me where He wants me to go, where His Will will be done.

I'm the kind of person that likes to be in control. I like to know the facts of what the future holds. It's time for me to let go of this need for control because ultimately, I'm not, nor will I ever be the one in control.

After December, I don't have a permanent home. I don't have a job opportunity. I don't know what God holds in my future. BUT what I do know is that it's time for me to let God be in control of all that I do. I need to be in step with the spirit during the here and now. I need to not worry about my future and what it may hold because I know it's all in God's hands.

My new prayer is to be led by the spirit every second of every day. I pray that this too, would be your daily prayer.

"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God." Romans 8:14



In Christ,
Brandi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment