I will be going to Nairobi, Kenya for 8 weeks during the Summer of 2011. Please pray for myself, my team, and ministry going on there currently.. God bless <3

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Kenya 101


There are no traffic laws here.

Kenyans believe if you are white you are automatically rich. I told a group of three ladies about my home life and God's provision for me through my situation and they were shocked that I had any problems.

Personal hygiene items are rather expensive here, whereas most other items are cheaper.

Children at MoHI schools have so much joy and passion. 

I play real life frogger everyday, several times a day.

Lunches are normally rice and beans or beef stew and ugali. 

On a normal day, I only eat dinner because I am out of the office all day. Dinner for me normally consists of chicken or a hamburger with chips (aka French fries). 

The place where we are staying has some really awesome security guards.

Kenyan culture is very touchy. It's not abnormal to see men holding hands while walking down the street.

God is present here.

My teammates are awesome.

God is growing, stretching, and moving in my heart sand my life.

In Christ,
Brandi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment