I will be going to Nairobi, Kenya for 8 weeks during the Summer of 2011. Please pray for myself, my team, and ministry going on there currently.. God bless <3

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My Heart

I'll be honest with you, God is doing a lot with my heart right now, a lot of which I do not understand. God has and still is breaking me for the people of Mathare. I'm broken for the beggars who are physically handicapped in some way. I'm broken for each of the glue boys (and even girls) that I encounter every single day. I'm broken for the fact that I stereotype the glue boys as "glue boys" because I know they are each God's child and they have a name. I'm broken for my mom who may have cancer again.

I'm not going to lie and say my heart is fully here in Mathare because it's not. My heart is BROKEN for the thought that my mom might have cancer again. The hardest part about this is that I have no way to contact her. God is teaching me a lot through this brokenness--He's good at that :) He is teaching me to trust in Him to be with, to protect, and to heal my mom. 

One thing I have realized since being here is that I am a leader and I REALLY like to be in control. Step one to releasing this need to be in control is trusting that God will heal my mom. Step two is to put my heart and focus to Heaven. 

I've realized that I treasure America. I treasure the food, friends, freedom, and, well everything. I know my treasure is not here on this earth, but it is in heaven. 

Matthew 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

My treasure is in heaven. My treasure is in the power of the gospel. My treasure is in Jesus Christ, my redeemer.

As you can tell my heart is in a few different places, but I know it needs to be set on Jesus.  Please pray with me as I seek, serve, and love Jesus with heaven in mind.  Also, please join me in praying for God's healing hands to touch my mother. I pray that God sets your treasure and heart on heaven so you can see earth in a new light.

In Christ,
Brandi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment