I will be going to Nairobi, Kenya for 8 weeks during the Summer of 2011. Please pray for myself, my team, and ministry going on there currently.. God bless <3

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Culture SHOCK

Well, I'm experiencing culture shock big time. It has been really hard for me to adjust to the food and building relationships. I'm a very picky eater and so far I have found about 3 of 10 things that I have liked. As a person who normally eats a lot, this is very new and different for me. Another aspect of culture shock gas been with my relationships. Basically, I have completely shut off myself from my teammates and stopped being the extrovert that I am. I have noticed myself skipping hang out times and distancing myself. Honestly, I feel like that is how I am reacting to the culture shock.

I'm so thankful and grateful to know that my God is and will be with me throughout this entire summer. Last night I was in need of some encouragement so I opened my Bible randomly. I opened to Isaiah 41:10, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." After reading that verse is was an awesome testimony for me to know and acknowledge that God is here with me & He is going to give me all I need to get trough this experience if culture shock.

In Christ,
Brandi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment